Chef Danny Kleinsasser,
Danny’s Whole Hog Barbeque & Smokehouse
Grilled on the barbeque, turkey becomes fall-off-the-bone tender. This will become a go-to favourite in your party repertoire. Danny’s Own sauces and spice blends available at various supermarkets and specialty food stores.
15 lb turkey
1 cup Danny’s Own Special Spice Blend
1/3 cup canola oil
1 bottle of Danny’s Own Raspberry Chipotle Sauce
1. Preheat oven to 250 °F or set barbeque to medium
2. In a small bowl, mix 2/3 cups of spice blend with oil.
3. Using a small syringe, inject mixture into turkey
4. Brush outside with desired amount of sauce
5. Place turkey in a roasting pan and fill with 1″ of water. Cook for 6 hrs until internal temperature reaches 170-180 °F
6. Carve and serve with barbeque sauces.
Yield 18-20 servings