Chef/owner Morgan Carnegie,
Only the dressing stays off the grill for this smoky, meal-sized salad.
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 cloves garlic, crushed
3 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
1/8 cup red wine vinegar
1 tsp ground black pepper
2 tsp salt, or to taste
1 whole lemon, juiced
8-10 sprigs dill, finely chopped
1 head romaine lettuce
2 fresh tomatoes
1 chayote squash
8 stalks green asparagus
8 stalks white asparagus
1/2 lb sushi grade ahi tuna loin
4 large squid tubes, cleaned
1/4 cup canola oil
2 Tbsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp salt
2 tsp ground black pepper
2 Tbsp ground parmesan
1. In food processor, combine dressing ingredients. Refrigerate.
2. Quarter head of romaine lengthwise. Soak in cold water, rinse and dry.
3. Halve and remove seeds of tomatoes.
4. Peel squash. Cut in 1 cm wedges.
5. Trim ends of asparagus.
6. Partially thaw tuna. Cut into four equal pieces.
7. Coat squash, asparagus, tuna and squid with canola oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
8. Grill romaine and tomato on cut sides for 3 min. Grill squash and asparagus, turning once until fork tender.
9. Grill tuna loin on each side (about 1-2 min).
10. Grill squid tubes. Slice into rings.
Place grilled romaine on plate. Lay asparagus and squash on romaine with tomato. Pour dressing and sprinkle parmesan cheese over vegetables. Lay tuna and squid on top of salad.
Yield: 4 salads