Executive Pastry Chef Danilo Pamintuan,
Piazza De Nardi
The cherries used in this garnish are available at Piazza De Nardi. This recipe is for a whole torte, the photo depicts a single serving. The tender coolness of the veal is the first note. The round, fresh herbal flavour of the dressing is balanced with a hint of acidity and finishes with a smoky aroma.
3 egg yolks
1/2 cup sugar
100g cream cheese
2 cups plain yogurt
1 vanilla bean, split and scraped
4 gelatin leaves
2 cups whipping cream
1/4 cup sugar
White Sponge Cake
1 cup less 1 Tbsp butter, melted
2 cups sugar
1 3/4 cups flour
1 3/4 cups cornstarch
2 Tbsp Kirsch
1 cup cream, whipped
fruit, in season
White Sponge Cake
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F.
2. In large bowl beat eggs, butter.
3. Sift in dry ingredients and stir, being careful not to over mix. Pour into greased, 9″ round cake pan.
4. Bake 30-45 min until the centre of the cake bounces back when pressed.
5. Cool. Slice into two layers.
1. In a large mixing bowl, beat 1/2 cup sugar and egg yolks until creamy.
2. Add cream cheese, yogurt and vanilla, stir until sugar dissolves.
3. In a medium bowl, whip cream until light and fluffy. Add 1/4 cup sugar. Fold into yogurt mixture.
4. Soak gelatin leaves in cold water.
5. Remove gelatin from the water. In a small heat resistant bowl, melt gelatin over a small saucepan of boiling water.
6. Remove from heat and add a cup of the yogurt mix. Stir until combined.
7. Add gelatin mixture to yogurt mixture. Stir until combined.
1. In a 9″ springform pan, place a slice of sponge.
2. Brush sponge with Kirsch.
3. Pour in the yogurt filling.
4. Top with another slice of sponge.
5. Cover and chill at least 4 hours.
6. Garnish the top with whipped cream and fruit.
Yield 8 servings