Pastry chefs/ co-owners Krista Robertson and Aynsley Rosin,
Decorating practice makes perfect with these cookies.
3 cups butter
3 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla
8 cups flour
1 cup icing sugar
1 Tbsp white corn syrup
2 Tbsp water
1. In a large bowl using a hand mixer on high, beat butter and sugar together.
2. Add eggs and vanilla and continue mixing until combined.
3. Add flour and beat until well mixed.
4. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hr.
5. Preheat oven to 375˚F.
6. Flour counter and roll dough to 1 cm thickness.
7. Cut shapes using cookie cutters and place on non-stick baking sheet.
8. Bake 10 mins.
9. Cool 1 hr before decorating.
1. In a medium-sized bowl, combine sugar, corn syrup and water.
2. Add drops of food colouring to create desired shade.
3. Using a paint brush, apply coat of icing and dry 1 hr before additional decorating.
4. Let stand 24 hrs to set icing.
Yield 40 cookies