Owner/Chef Tomas Sohlberg & Anneen DuPlessis
Rich marinara, juicy pineapple, and fresh basil make a perfect summertime combination. Gluten-free pizza crusts are sourced from Cocoabeans Bakeshop.
2 cups diced tomatoes (with juice)
2 Tbsp tomato paste
1 Tbsp sugar
1/4 cup minced garlic
1/2 Tbsp dried basil
1/4 tsp red chile flakes
1/2 Tbsp salt
1/2 Tbsp black pepper
4-6 9” pizza crusts
2-3 cups diced pineapple
1 red onion, diced
4-6 strips vegan bacon substitute
2-3 cups vegan cheese substitute
coarse black pepper
fresh basil leaves
1. In a small pot, add all sauce ingredients and bring to a boil.
2. Turn heat low (quickly, or the sauce will burn) and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
3. Pour mixture into a blender and blend until sauce is smooth.
1. Preheat oven to 390°F. Spread pizza crust with 1/2 cup marinara sauce.
2. Lay toppings over sauce and sprinkle with cheese substitute. Add pepper to taste and drizzle with olive oil.
3. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until crust is golden brown.
4. Cut pizza into 6 pieces and top with fresh basil.
Yield 4-6 pizzas