Chef Ben Kramer,
Hemp flour imparts an earthy, nutty flavour to this pasta. Find hemp products and organic ingredients at Organza Market.
2 cups hemp flour
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp hemp oil
1/4 cup fresh organic lemon juice
1 cup organic almonds, toasted
2 cloves garlic
1 cup roughly chopped fresh basil
1 cup hemp oil
1 cup hemp seeds
salt and pepper
1/2 cup olive oil
4 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
2 bulbs garlic
salt and pepper
1. In a bowl, sift flours and salt. Put mixture on a wooden board or countertop.
2. Make a well in the centre and drop in eggs and oil.
3. Using your fingers, gradually mix flour into liquid until stiff dough forms.
4. Knead for 15 mins.
5. Cover and rest for at least one hr.
6. Using a pasta machine, roll dough from thickness 1 to 4.
7. Cut into desired shapes.
8. Using a cooling rack, allow dough to dry for 30 mins before boiling.
1. In a food processor, purée lemon juice, almonds, garlic and basil.
2. While machine is running, drizzle in oil.
3. Transfer contents to a bowl and fold in seeds.
4. With salt and pepper, season to taste.
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F.
2. Cut tops off garlic bulbs and drizzle with olive oil.
3. Wrap bulbs in tin foil and roast for 35-40 mins.
4. Lower oven to 275˚F.
5. Squeeze garlic from skins and chop.
6. In a roasting pan, toss tomatoes, oil, salt and pepper. Cook for 30 mins.
7. Transfer tomatoes to a bowl and mix in roasted garlic.
1. Boil pasta for 4 mins until al dente.
2. In a bowl, mix tomatoes and a couple spoonfuls of pesto.
3. On a plate, top pasta with tomatoes and pesto.
4. Drizzle with 1-2 Tbsp hemp oil.
Yield 4 small servings