A sweet touch of honey and divine chocolate dip turns this crunchy mixture of seeds, rice and granola into a guilty pleasure. Substitute blueberries with your favourite dried berry.
1 cup canola oil
1 1/2 cup John Russell honey
1 cup brown sugar
5 cups granola mix
2 cups Rice Krisipies
1 cup wild rice
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
3/4 cup dried blueberries
1 cup dark chocolate, broken into pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F.
2. In a heavy bottomed sauce pot, bring oil, sugar and honey to a boil on high heat and set aside.
3. In a small sauce pot on medium heat, cook wild rice in water for 35 mins until rice blooms.
4. In a pan, add 1 Tbsp of oil and fry rice for 1 min.
5. Place wild rice on baking sheet and bake for 15 mins.
6. In a large mixing bowl, combine granola, Rice Krispies, wild rice, sunflower seeds and dried berries. Stir in hot sugar and honey mix.
7. Line baking sheet with wax paper and spread out mixture. Cool for at least 2 hrs.
8. Cut into squares and again into triangles.
9. In a microwave-safe dish, heat chocolate in 20 secs bursts, stirring in between until chocolate is melted.
10. Dip half of triangles into chocolate. Allow chocolate to harden on wax paper.
Yield 24 triangles