Courtesy of Chef Mike Fardoe – Bernstein’s Deli
4 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and shredded
10 eggs, beaten or 1/3L liquid whole eggs
1 medium onion, liquified
1/2 cup matzo meal
1/6 cup canola oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Mix all ingredients together.
3. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and spray the edges with cooking spray.
4. Fill rim to rim with egg mixture and bake for 20 minutes.
5. Rotate the pan and bake another 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
6. Let cool then remove from pan on to large cutting board.
7. Cut in to desired fry shapes.
8. Deep fry until golden all around.
9. Season with salt, pepper, and za’atar.
10. Garnish with green onion and your favourite dip.
Yield 4-6 servings