Salt and Vinegar Pickerel
Courtesy of Chef Tony Siwicki – Silver Heights Restaurant
4 pickerel fillets
3/4 cup flour
1 large bag Old Dutch salt and
vinegar potato chips
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
4 wedges of lemon
4 Tbsp oil, for frying
1. Lightly beat the eggs in
2. Put potato chips in a bag and crush finely using a rolling pin.
3. In another dish, combine flour, salt and pepper.
4. Dip fish fillets in flour mixture. Shake off any excess flour.
5. Dip fillets in egg mixture.
6. Dip fillets in crushed salt
and vinegar chips.
7. Add oil to a pan and heat pan over medium heat.
8. When the pan is hot, add fillets to pan. Cook 4 minutes per side so that each side is browned.
9. Remove fillets from heat and place on a plate. Squeeze fresh lemon on each fillet.
Yield 2 servings