Chef Lawrence Warwaruk,
2 Tbsp butter
1 pound stewing beef (chuck or flank steak, cubed 1″ pieces)
1 tsp paprika
1 medium onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 ribs celery, chopped
1 red bell pepper, diced
1/2 lb crimini mushrooms, whole or cut in half
1 (16 oz) can cooked tomatoes, diced
2 cups water
1 tsp jerk or cajun spice
1/4 cup whole cream
Salt & pepper, to taste
1. In a medium saucepan, on medium-high heat, melt butter and sauté beef and paprika until browned.
2. Add onion, garlic, celery, red pepper and mushrooms. Cook for 3-5 minutes.
3. Add diced tomatoes, water and jerk spice. Reduce to low heat and cover with lid for one hour, or until meat is tender.
4. Remove lid and stir in cream. Season with salt and pepper.
5. On medium heat, reduce the sauce further if desired.
Yield 4-6 servings