Maple Syrup Taffy Pops
This sweet and super simple Festival du Voyageur treat
will make you feel like a kid again.
2 cups pure maple syrup
fresh, clean snow
1. Spread snow out onto a baking sheet and pack down.
2. In a small pot, boil syrup over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 235˚F. Do not overcook.
3. Transfer boiling syrup into a hot liquid-safe measuring cup for pouring.
4. Pour syrup in straight lines on the snow.
5. Allow syrup to become tacky, about 20-30 secs.
6. Roll taffy around popsicle sticks and serve immediately.
Yields 12 taffy pops