Goodies Bake Shop
White chocolate curls add a pleasing crunch and a fairy-tale look to this moist layer cake. Curls are made by dragging a horizontal knife blade down a block of chocolate. Alternatively, you can purchase a bag of ready-made curls at Scoop ‘N Weigh.
12 egg yolks
2 1/3 cups white chocolate chips
1/2 cup warm water
12 egg whites
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup whipped cream
4 cups heavy cream
1/2 cup icing sugar
1/4 cup lemon curd
1/4 cup raspberries sauce
1/4 cup whole raspberries
1. In a bowl, whip egg yolks to ribbon stage.
2. In microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate and warm water. Melt in microwave. Fold into yolk mixture.
3. In separate bowl, beat egg whites on high until foamy. Add sugar and whip until soft meringue. Fold into chocolate-yolk mixture.
4. Place batter into three 8″ round pans. Bake 35 mins. Let cakes cool in pans. Cakes are approx. 1/2″ high.
Mix together heavy cream and icing sugar.
Add lemon curd and raspberry sauce.
1. Fit layer of cake into bottom of 8″ mould. Pipe in layer of mousse. Repeat for two layers.
2. Cover all sides of cake with whipped cream. Decorate with white chocolate curls.
Yield 12 servings