Executive Chef Tristan Foucault,
formerly of Hu’s on First Asian Bistro
These saucy wraps can be served, as pictured, in a head lettuce bowl or in a dish with loose lettuce leaves. The fresh crunchy lettuce provides a nice contrast to the salty filling.
1 head iceberg or butter lettuce
2 chicken thighs, diced
1/4 cup celery, chopped
2 Tbsp green onion, chopped
1 tsp Thai chiles
4 Tbsp shiitake mushrooms, dried
1/4 cup water chestnuts, diced
2 Tbsp red onion, diced
1/4 tsp garlic
1/4 tsp ginger
2 tsp honey
2 Tbsp oyster sauce
1/2 tsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp chicken stock
1. In a small bowl, combine sauce ingredients. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, soak mushrooms in hot water, covered for 30 min.
3. Drain. Remove stems and chop.
4. Heat wok to med-high. Add 2 Tbsp vegetable oil. Add chicken, cook for 1 min.
5. Add remaining ingredients (except lettuce) and stirfry for 2 min.
6. Add sauce. Stirfry for 1 min. Remove from heat and place in serving bowl.
7. Halve lettuce, core and separate layers.
8. To serve, scoop 2-3 Tbsp of filling into lettuce leaves.
Yield 2 servings