Chef Ben Kramer
Diversity Food Services
Prep this dish night before for a stunning and simple breakfast. Mix it up each season by using whatever veggies are fresh at the market.
Assorted seasonal vegetables (garlic scapes, peas, carrots, zucchini, and greens)
salt and pepper
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 yellow or white onion, thinly sliced
1 red or yellow pepper, thinly sliced
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp paprika
1/4-1 tsp chile flakes or 1 fresh jalapeño, minced
1 L canned diced tomatos
eggs (2 per person)
feta or parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F. Toss seasonal vegetables with oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Roast vegetables 6-8 minutes, until barely cooked.
2. Heat 3 Tbsp olive oil and sautée onion and pepper over low heat until cooked, almost carmelized. Add jalapeño (if using) and garlic. Cook for another few minutes.
3. Add cumin, paprika, and chile flakes (if using) and tomatoes.
4. Simmer until sauce
has thickened (the time will
depend on the water content of tomatoes). Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed.
5. Add roasted vegetables and bring the sauce to a gentle simmer.
6. Crack eggs into the sauce. Cover and cook until eggs are set, or cooked to your liking.
7. Sprinkle with flatleaf parsley and cheese
Yield 4 servings