2 cups butter
3 1/2 cups flour
1 cup icing sugar
1/2 cup rice flour
1 Tbsp matcha powder (for matcha cookies)
Zest of 1 regular sized orange (for orange cranberry cookies)
1/3 cup chopped sweetened dried cranberries (for orange cranberry cookies)
1. Preheat the oven to 300°F.
2. Whip the butter and icing sugar in a mixer on high speed using the paddle attachment for about 2 minutes until light and fluffy. Scrape the side of the bowl, whip for another 2 minutes.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk remaining dry ingredients together, then slowly add dry ingredients to mixer, mixing until just combined.
4. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill for about 2 hours.
5. Take out the dough half an hour before rolling.
6. Roll dough to about 1/4” thickness and cut into shapes using your favourite cookie cutter.
7. Bake for 7 minutes, then rotate cookie sheet and bake for 5-7 minutes until cookies can easily be moved on the tray.
8. Take out and rest on the cooling rack.
Yield 2 1/2 dozen cookies