Chef Adam Donnelly,
These salty-sweet bites of heaven excite with a palate-pleasing,
tongue-teasing combination of flavour and texture.
1 500 ml container of Mascarpone cheese
juice of 1 lemon
3 Tbsp maple syrup, plus extra for garnish
Pinch of salt
1 cup pistachios
20 Medjool dates
sea salt to garnish
1. Combine Mascarpone with lemon juice, maple syrup and a pinch of salt. Mix until all ingredients are incorporated.
2. Place in a piping bag and return to fridge.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Place the pistachios in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast for 15 mins.
3. Remove from oven. Allow to cool, then chop roughly.
1. Pit 20 dates by slicing down one length of the date and pulling out the long pit.
1. Pipe lemon Mascarpone into pitted dates.
2. Top with sea salt and a sprinkle of toasted pistachios.
3. Drizzle with maple syrup and serve.
Yield 20 dates