Chef Toui Savangsengouthay,
Take a bite of chile before following up with a spoonful of noodles to heat up the flavour of this otherwise sweet coconut dish.
1/4 cup red chiles
1/4 cup garlic cloves
1/4 cup lemongrass stalks
1/4 cup shallots
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
2 cup Coconut milk
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp palm sugar
1 Tbsp fermented soy beans or paste, chopped
1/4 cup chopped or ground chicken breast
1 egg white
1/2 cup rice noodles
1/4 cup bean sprouts
1/4 chopped cabbage
1/4 cup slivered carrots
1 Tbsp ground peanuts
1. Simmer a pot of hot water. Boil rice noodles.
2. Using a colander, quickly soak the rice noodle, drain of water.
3. Set into a bowl over a bed of bean sprouts and chopped cabbage.
4. To prepare red curry paste, combine minced red chilies, garlic, lemongrass, and shallots.
5. In a pan, pour oil over low heat, saute chopped garlic, and red curry paste for several mins.
6. Now on high heat, add coconut milk, salt, palm sugar, and fermented soy beans or paste.
7. Add chicken and cook through.
8. Drop in an egg white to thicken.
1. Pour sauce mixture over noodles.
2. Top with peanuts, slivered carrots and fresh basil leaves.
Yield 2 servings.