Chef/owner Cam Tran,
Café Ce Soir
Four sippable layers, each distinctively sweet, in a small glass. Tart pomegranate contrasts with sweet chocolate.
2 cups pomegranate juice
12 Gelatin sheets
8 Tbs milk
8 Tbs whipping cream
2 large eggs
4 Tbs sugar
3/4 cup chocolate chips
Hot chocolate sauce
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup sugar
continued on page 26
3 Tbs cocoa powder
2 1/4 gelatin sheets
1 Tbs icing sugar
1 cup whipping cream
1. Soften gelatin in bowl with cold water. If using powder gelatin, add powder into 100 ml of pomegranate juice and allow to soften.
2. Place pomegranate juice in a saucepan, and bring to boil.
3. Strain gelatin sheet, add to juice and mix until dissolved.
4. Pour pomegranate jelly into 6 glasses. Refrigerate until set.
5. Mix egg yolks and sugar in a bowl. Add chocolate chips.
6. Bring milk and whipping cream to a boil in a saucepan, whisking constantly.
7. Mix 1/2 of milk into yolks. Return mixture back to saucepan. Whisk and cook until thick and bubbly.
8. Pour mixture of chocolate into a bowl and whisk until melted. Cool.
9. Pour chocolate over the jelly in glasses. Refrigerate until set.
10. Beat whipping cream on low speed until soft. Add icing sugar. Continue to beat until stiff.
11. In a pot, add 3/4 cup of chocolate sauce and milk. Bring to a boil, whisking constantly.
12. Pour hot chocolate milk into the 6 mousse cups.
13. Top the drinks with Crème Chantilly and serve.
Yield 3 drinks