Chef Belinda Bigold
High Tea Bakery
Pillowy clouds of whipped egg whites make up this simple and stunning two-bite dessert.
2 egg whites at room temperature
2/3 cup castor sugar
1 tsp lemon juice (or vinegar)
1. Preheat oven to 200-250°F. Beat egg whites in a small bowl until soft peaks form (note: the bowl must be completely clean, without a drop of soap or oil).
3. Gradually add sugar, then lemon juice. Beat until dissolved between each addition.
4. Spoon mixture into a piping bag fitted with a star tip.
5. On a parchment lined pan, pipe rosettes, leaving at least 2 cm between each rosette.
6. Bake for 45 minutes or until firm. Turn off heat, leaving the meringues to cool in the oven.
Yield 3o kisses