Chef Rouan Robb,
Inspired by zesty devilled eggs, these fluffy bites are elegant comfort food. They’re made extra special with peppery chorizo sausage.
1/2 tsp butter
1 Tbsp canola oil
1 medium potato, peeled and finely diced
1/2 onion, finely diced
3/4 cup finely diced chorizo sausage
1/3 cup finely diced red pepper
1/3 cup finely diced green pepper
1/3 cup minced chives
1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely diced
1/8 tsp chopped fresh thyme
1/4 tsp Spanish paprika
3 egg whites
1/2 cup heavy cream
dash Worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a frying pan, sauté potato in butter and olive oil for 5 mins until golden.
2. Add in onion and sausage and sauté for 2-3 mins. Add remaining filling ingredients and cook for 5 mins.
3. Cool and set aside.
1. Preheat oven to 375˚F.
2. In a bowl, whisk filling ingredients together.
3. Spray a mini muffin tin with non-stick spray.
4. Spoon 1 Tbsp of egg mixture into each cup. Top each with 1 tsp of filling.
5. Bake for 18 mins until set.
6. Garnish with a dollop of sour cream and fresh chives.