Chef Talia Syrie,
The Tallest Poppy
Homemade yogurt cheese takes two days to make but adds a savoury touch.
3 cups 3% plain yogurt
1 tsp salt
1 cup hemp seed
1 cup olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp grainy Dijon
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp brown sugar
1 clove garlic, crushed
6 cups mixed greens
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 medium-sized red onion, sliced into 1/8″ rings
1. In a small bowl using a wooden spoon, mix together yogurt and salt.
2. Spoon yogurt into a coffee-filter lined colander and place over medium-sized bowl. Cover with paper towel.
3. Refrigerate for at least two days until all liquid has drained.
4. Roll cheese into 1″ balls then roll in hemp seeds.
1. In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients until combined.
1. In a large bowl, combine mixed greens, blueberries, onions and hemp-seed cheese balls.
2. Drizzle with dressing and serve.
Yield 6 servings