Chef Jonathan Buffie and Pastry Chef Doug Krahn,
2 lbs roma tomatoes, cut lengthwise
1/2 cup olive oil
2 heads garlic, peeled
1 L chicken stock
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup whipping cream
Salt and pepper, to taste
8 round won ton wrappers
1/3 cup diced cooked scallops
1/3 cup diced cooked shrimp
1/3 cup diced cooked salmon
2 Tbsp fresh basil, finely sliced
1. Preheat oven to 375˚F.
2. In a bowl, toss tomatoes with olive oil and garlic. Transfer to a shallow pan and roast until skins begin to brown, about 45 minutes.
3. In a blender or food processor, blend roasted tomatoes and garlic.
4. In a bowl, mix blended tomatoes with chicken stock, maple syrup and whipping cream. Season with salt and pepper.
5. In a saucepan, simmer cream mixture until it has a chowder consistency, about 15 minutes.
1. In a bowl, toss together seafood. Divide mixture in four.
2. Spoon seafood mixture into the centre of each won ton wrapper.
3. Wet edges of wrapper with water and cover with a second wrapper.
4. Seal ravioli with fingers, squeezing out air.
5. In a pot of boiling, salted water, drop ravioli. They are done when they float.
1. Ladle soup into flat pasta bowls.
2. Centre one won ton in each bowl. Garnish with basil.
Yield 2 litres soup, 4 ravioli