Chef Beth McWilliam,
Whether sprinkled with yogurt or eaten on its own as a snack, this crunchy mix of local seeds, oats and a delightful touch of maple and honey satisfies sweet cravings.
4 cups granola oats
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 cup flax seeds
1 cup pumpkin seeds
1 cup hemp seeds
1 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup canola oil
2 cups frozen raspberries
2 cups frozen blueberries
1/2 cup sugar
1. Preheat oven to 200°F
2. In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients using a wooden spoon.
3. Spread muesli on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
4. Bake for 4 hrs, stirring every hour.
5. Turn off oven. Leave muesli in oven overnight to dry.
1. In a small saucepan, boil berries and sugar. Simmer over medium heat until sugar is dissovled, and berries have cooked down, approx. 5 mins.
2. Press mixture through a fine mesh strainer and discard pulp. Reserve juice
1. Mix muesli with plain yogurt. Top with coulis and serve.
Yield 8-10 servings