Chef/Owners Randy Khounnoraj and Korene McCaig
This recipe packs crunch and bold flavour into a handheld snack.
1 cup cooked jasmine rice (lukewarm)
1 Tbsp toasted rice powder
1 tsp toasted chile powder
1 Tbsp minced ginger
2 Tbsp shredded coconut, toasted
1 shallot, diced
1 Tbsp rough chopped cilantro
1 Tbsp fish sauce
1 Tbsp lime juice
sugar to taste
1. Add rice powder, chile powder, ginger, coconut, shallot, cilantro, fish sauce, lime juice and sugar to rice.
2. Combine well and form small rice balls (golf ball size).
3. Deep fry for 3-4 mins at 350°F, or until golden brown and crispy on outside.
4. Let cool, and break open.
5. Finish with rice powder, dried Thai chiles, peanuts and cilantro.
6. Serve with lettuce cups and spicy coconut sauce.
Yield 2 servings
Spicy coconut sauce, in a small saucepan mix 12 oz can of coconut milk, 2 tsp Sriracha, 1 Tbsp sugar, 1 clove of garlic (crushed), 1 fresh Thai chile (crushed),
1 kaffir lime leaf and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil. Immediately turn to lowest heat and let simmer for 8 minutes.