Combine after dinner drinks and dessert with this play on a holiday favourite.
1/4 cup rice
2 cups light cream
2 egg yolks
1/2 cup sugar, divided
1 tsp vanilla (or rum)
2 egg whites
Whipped cream, to garnish
Nutmeg, to garnish
Praline wafer roll, to serve
1. In a double boiler, cook rice and cream until tender.
2. Beat egg yolks with 4 Tbsp of sugar until light.
3. Add to hot cooked rice and simmer 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
4. Add vanilla.
5. In a bowl, beat egg whites until stiff, add remaining sugar.
6. Fold lightly into rice cream. Serve in punch bowl cups like eggnog.