Chef Lorna Murdoch,
Freshwater caviar is a delicate accent to these bite-sized blinis.
1 3/4 cups and 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1/4 cup cold butter
3/4 cup milk
3 scallions, chopped
2 Tbsp cooked wild rice
2 Tbsp cooked Cavena Nuda oats
1 cup crème fraîche
6 oz container northern pike caviar
organic pea shoots
1. Place rack in the center of oven and preheat to 400˚F.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
3. With a pastry blender or hands, blend in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
4. Form a well in the center and pour in milk, stirring mixture with a fork until dough comes together.
5. Fold in oats, scallions and wild rice.
6. Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead 3 or 4 times. Roll dough into a 1/4″-thick round.
7. Cut with desired shape cutter.
8. Transfer dough to an ungreased baking sheet. Using a fork, prick top of dough all over.
9. Bake for 15-20 mins until golden.
10. Transfer to wire rack and cool.
11. Serve cooled or at room temperature. Garnish with crème fraîche, pea shoots and caviar.
Yield 8 servings