1 cup all purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
2/3 cup black sesame seeds
1 cup sugar
1 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 cups oats
1 tsp vanilla extract
coarse sea salt (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, black sesame seeds, salt and oats in a bowl.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer with paddle, whip butter, sugar and brown sugar together until light and fluffy.
4. Add in eggs and vanilla extract, mixing until fully combined. Scrape the bowl throughout to make sure it’s all combined along the side and the bottom of the bowl.
5. Add in all dry ingredients, slowly mix until just combined.
6. Use an ice cream scoop to scoop the dough onto parchment paper. To keep the same consistency, lightly tap the tops of the cookies to flatten.
7. Bake for 7 minutes, turn the sheet pan around and bake for another 5-7 minutes until the edges are golden brown.
8. Take out the trays and rest on a cooling rack.
Yield 4 dozen cookies