Tall Grass Prairie Bakery
Baker Vaughn Barkman is the brainchild behind this delicious recipe. These individual-sized baguettes are great dipped in balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
5 1/2 cups light lfour
2 tsp sea salt
3 Tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped coarsely
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp honey
1 lemon, juiced
2 cups cool water
1 1/2 oz fresh (active) yeast
1/2 cup light sourdough
1 cup kalamata olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
1. In a large steel bowl measure all ingredients except the olives.
2. Combine ingredients together and turn out onto a floured surface.
3. Knead dough for 8-10 minutes.
4. Add in olives. Knead olives into the dough until they are evenly distributed.
5. Cover the dough with a damp cloth or a plastic bag and allow to rise for 1 hour.
6. Once the dough has at least doubled in volume, flour the table again and shape dough into 12 baguettes that are 5 inches long.
7. Place baguettes onto a baking sheet and let rise for another 45-55 minutes.
8. Preheat oven to 425°C.
9. With a sharp knife score the baguettes lengthwise.
10. Reduce oven temperature to 375°C and place baguettes in oven. Bake for 15-16 minutes.
Yield 12 baguettes