Winnipeg International Centre
Instructor Veena Chidambaram notes that it is cheaper to buy chicken with skin, and then remove the skin yourself.
Oil, to grease pan
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 1/2 cups cornflake cereal, crushed
2 Tbsp parmesan cheese
1 cup milk
3 pounds skinless chicken thighs and drumsticks (about 12 pieces)
1. Preheat oven to 425˚F.
2. Grease a large roasting pan with oil and set aside.
3. In a shallow bowl, combine flour, oregano, thyme, paprika, salt, garlic powder and black pepper.
4. In a separate bowl, combine crushed cornflake cereal and parmesan cheese.
5. Into a third bowl, pour milk.
6. Rinse chicken pieces and pat dry.
7. Working one at a time, dip chicken pieces into milk. Then place chicken in flour mixture and turn to coat all sides.
8. Place floured chicken into milk once again. Place chicken in cornflake mixture and turn to coat all sides. Place on greased pan.
9. Bake chicken, uncovered, for 40 minutes, until chicken is not pink and juices run clear.
Yield 6 servings