Chef Judith Christian,
3 lbs oxtail, washed, fat trimmed off
3 Tbsp beef seasoning
2 Tbsp garlic powder
3 Tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp seasoning salt
1/2 small white onion, chopped
2 tsp fresh thyme
1 scallion, chopped
2 cups water
1 (19 oz) can lima beans
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup water
1. In a pot, over medium heat, add all ingredients except lima beans. Cover and let simmer for 1 1/2-2 hours, or until oxtail is tender.
2. Add lima beans in last 10 minutes of cooking.
1. In a large bowl, mix flour and salt. Add a little bit of water and begin kneading. Add water as needed until it forms a soft dough. If dough is sticky, continue adding flour.
2. Pinch off teaspoon-sized pieces of dough. Roll into oblong shape with hands.
4. Ten minutes before stew is finished, drop dumplings on top of stew. Cover and let simmer for ten minutes.
Yield 6 servings (24 dumplings)