Chef Toui Savangsengouthay,
Green curry is the spiciest of Thai curries. This creamy coconut-spiked one is balanced out by thick morsels of squid, mussels, prawns and salmon.
1/4 cup minced green chilies
1/4 cup minced garlic cloves,
1/4 cup minced lemongrass stalks
1 Tbsp galangal root, minced
2 cup coconut milk
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp palm sugar
1 kaffir lime leaf
1 tsp fish sauce
1/4 cup squid
1/4 cup prawns
2-3 green shell mussels
1/4 cup red and green pepper
1/4 cup peas
a few thai basil sprigs
1. To prepare green curry paste, combine minced green chilies, garlic, lemongrass and galangal root. This can be done by hand, or in the food processor.
2. Pour coconut milk into a wok, cooking at high heat. Add green curry paste, lime leaf and some lemongrass stalks.
3. Bring to rapid boil, for approximately 5 mins.
Add water to maintain liquid level.
4. Add in peppers and peas.
5. Add in salt, palm sugar and fish sauce.
6. While continuing to cook on high heat, add seafood after a couple of minutes.
7. When seafood turns opaque, it is cooked through. Remove from heat.
1. Plate, and sprinkle ground peanuts on top to garnish.
Yield 2 servings.