Chef Samloy Kongmanisvong,
This aromatic, slightly spicy dish is known as a dry curry because it uses less coconut milk than other Thai curries.
2 Tbsp panaeng curry paste
3.5 oz beef, thinly sliced
2 cups coconut milk
1/2 red pepper, sliced
1/2 green pepper, sliced
1 medium potato, chopped
1 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
4 dried kaffir lime leaves
1. In a pan, heat 1/2 cup coconut milk on medium heat.
2. Add curry paste. Heat for 3-4 mins.
3. Add beef and stir for 2 mins. Add remaining coconut milk. Boil until beef is cooked for 5-7 mins. 4. Add red and green peppers, potatoes, sugar and salt. Simmer on medium heat for 10-15 mins.
5. Remove from heat and transfer to a serving dish.
6. Garnish with lime leaf and 1 tsp of coconut milk.
Yield 4 servings