Chef Justin Bohemier,
La P’tite France
This is good old fashioned country food that never goes out of style. The comforting flavours found in the coarse pork and chicken loaf and gently spiced apple butter warm the soul.
2 lbs pork shoulder
2 lbs pork belly
1 lb chicken liver
1 onion, diced
2 garlic cloves
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp pepper
1/2 cup brandy
1 baguette, sliced and hardened
4 apples, cored and quartered
1 cup water
1 cinnamon stick
1. Preheat oven to 275°F.
2. Using meat grinder, combine all meat, onion, garlic, salt and pepper.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine meat mixture with eggs and brandy.
4. Place mixture in terrine mould. Bake for 1 hour.
5. Serve with slices of baguette and gherkins.
1. In a small pot, combine all ingredients and simmer on low heat for 3 hrs, or until all liquid is evaporated.
2. Remove clove and cinnamon. Purée until smooth.
3. Serve with pâté platter.
Yield 20 servings