Goodies Bake Shop
The mild sweetness of this striking dessert comes from the
natural sugars of baked pears and raisins.
4 firm pears, medium size
1/4 cup raisins
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup coarsely ground
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1 package of phyllo pastry, thawed
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Peel, core and finely chop pears.
3. In medium bowl, combine first four ingredients.
4. In smaller bowl, combine chocolate chips and amaretti cookies.
5. Place sheet of phyllo on wax paper. Keep remaining sheets covered with damp towel.
6. Brush phyllo sheet with melted butter. Top with another phyllo sheet. Continue process 4-5 times.
7. Sprinkle chocolate chips and ground amaretti cookies on top. Place phyllo sheet on top. Repeat again.
8. Place pear mixture in log shape along edge of phyllo. Log should be 3″-4″ high. Add final layer of phyllo over log.
9. Roll in jelly roll fashion. Start from edge with pear mixture, folding ends under.
10. Place log on baking sheet, seam facing down. Brush surface with remaining butter.
11. Bake for 45-60 mins until pears are tender and pastry is golden brown.
12. Decorate with swirls of melted chocolate. Cut into sections to serve.
Yield 10 servings