Chef Michael Day,
Grill a 10 oz cut of sirloin steak to perfection for this meaty Brazilian meal. Top steak with chimichuri or dip each morsel in farofa seasoning. Manioc flour is sold at the Portuguese Fish and Food Market.
2 large white onions, finely diced
2 red peppers, finely diced
1/2 cup sundried tomatoes in oil, finely diced
1 1/2 Tbsp garlic, minced
2 small bunches Italian parsley, coarsely chopped
2 tsp paprika
2 cups olive oil
1 cup red wine vinegar
salt and pepper, to taste
1/4 cup butter
1 1/2 cups manioc flour
pinch sea salt
1. In a large bowl, combine onions, peppers, tomatoes, garlic, parsley and paprika.
2. In a large pot over medium heat, combine oil and vinegar.
3. Cook for 3-4 mins.
4. Pour oil and vinegar over vegetables and stir until dressing is distributed throughout.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
1. In a large pan on medium-low heat, melt butter.
2. Add flour and salt and combine.
3. Toast for 3-5 mins until mixture is slightly browned.
Yield 5 servings