Pomegranate Marinated Lamb Skewers with Cranberry Chutney
Tart cranberry chutney holds up and accents the gaminess of lamb.
1 cup lemon juice
2 cups pomegranate juice (reduced by half)
2 Tbsp ground cumin
1 Tbsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
4 lbs Manitoba grass-fed lamb loin cut into 1 inch cubes
2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup Fresh Roots Farm raw honey
1 cup apple cider vinegar
2 lemons, juice and zest
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp ground anise
a handful of swiss chard or spinach
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate for 90 minutes.
2. Put 3-4 pieces of lamb on a wooden or metal skewer and broil 2-3 minutes per side.
1. Heat cranberries until they begin to break down then add all other ingredients.
2. Refrigerate before serving.
1. Over medium heat, add greens for 1 minute to wilt slightly before plating.
2. Serve lamb skewers on top of wilted Swiss chard or spinach with a Tbsp of cranberry chutney.
Yield 16 servings