Chef Greg Anania,
The full flavour of the pork is superbly accented by this sweet and velvety sauce.
2 Prairie Orchard Farms omega-3 pork tenderloins
1 tsp coarse black pepper
1 tsp salt
1 tsp paprika
1 clove fresh garlic, finely chopped
1 tsp onion powder
3 Tbsp olive oil
olive oil for cooking
1/4 cup diced white onion
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 cups fresh mixed wild mushrooms
1 tsp flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 Tbsp fresh basil, sliced
1 1/2 cups port wine or sherry
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Sprinkle spices and olive oil over pork. Rub spices evenly over pork.
3. Let marinate for minimum of 15 min.
4. Heat oil in frying pan over medium-high heat. Sear pork until golden on both sides.
5. Place pork in roasting pan and loosely cover pork, not pan, with foil.
6. Bake 25-35 min. Flip after 15 min.
1. Keep 2 Tbsp of oil in pan. Cook garlic and onions over medium heat until soft. Add mushrooms.
2. Add flour, salt and pepper. Mix well.
3. Add port wine and reduce to syrupy consistency. Set aside.
4. When serving, stir fresh basil into sauce and pour over sliced pork.
Yield 4 servings