Chef Bernard Mirlycourtois,
Layers of cheese, bacon and potato make this rich side dish a decadent treat. Try it with a fresh tossed salad for a light entrée.
1 tsp butter
10 medium Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and sliced in 1/8” thick rounds
12 slices bacon
5 oz pork belly, sliced
1 cup Trappist cheese, cubed
1. Preheat oven to 410˚F.
2. Rinse potato slices and dry with a cloth.
3. In a Dutch oven greased with butter, line the bottom and sides with bacon allowing ends to hang over the sides.
4. Layer 1/3 of potatoes, 1/3 of cheese and 1/3 of pork belly. Season with pepper.
5. Repeat step 4 twice.
6. Fold ends of bacon over and cover with foil.
7. Bake in oven for 1.5 hrs.
8. Allow to sit for 15 mins before unmolding by turning galette upside down onto a serving dish.
Yield 6 servings