Chef Eldon Brink,
Holiday Inn Winnipeg South
This sweet ‘n’ sassy salsa complements succulent pork.
1 2 lb pork tenderloin, trimmed
4-5 large baking potatoes, peeled and sliced length-wise wafer thin
1/4 cup melted butter
6-7 crab apples, peeled and thinly sliced
seasoning salt to taste
1 baguette, sliced and toasted
1 cup corn kernels
1 tsp garlic
1 tsp canola oil
6 crab apples, grated
1 green onion, finely chopped
zest and juice of 1 lime
1/2 tsp olive oil
1/4 tsp chilli flakes
salt and pepper to taste
Tabasco sauce to taste
1. Clean tenderloin and cut off ends to make square.
2. Cut tenderloin into 8 pieces each 4-5″ in length.
3. Preheat oven to 450˚F.
4. In a pot, blanch 8 potato slices in boiling water for 2-3 mins until pliable.
5. Lay 4 potato slices side by side slightly overlapping. Layer on top another 4 slices overlapping.
6. Lightly brush potatoes with melted butter.
7. Lay 8-10 apple slices in centre of potatoes.
8. Season pork with seasoning salt. Place 1 piece of pork on top of apples.
9. Roll potatoes over pork and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper seam side down. Repeat steps 4-9 with remaining pork, apples and potatoes.
10. Lightly brush rolls with melted butter and season with seasoning salt.
11. Bake for 8-10 mins. Potatoes should be light brown.
12. Remove from oven and refrigerate for at least 2 hrs.
13. Using a sharp, thin knife, slice 1/4″ pieces.
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F.
2. In a bowl, combine corn, garlic and oil.
3. Bake for 12-14 mins until corn is just lightly charred. Remove and cool slightly.
4. Loosely chop corn and add apples.
5. Add rest of ingredients. Mix well.
6. Season with salt and pepper and Tabasco sauce.
1. Place pieces of pork on toasted baguette slices and garnish with salsa.
Yield 4 servings