Chef Danny Kleinsasser,
Danny’s Whole Hog Barbeque & Smokehouse
A pig’s front shoulder delivers its most flavourful morsels. Experiment by piling your bun with light and dark meat for a surprising variation in texture and taste. Order a 40 lb whole hog to feed a crowd of 25.
10-15 lb front picnic roast
1 1/2 cups Danny’s Own Pulled Pork Rub
1 bottle Danny’s Own Original BBQ Sauce
15 kaiser buns
1. Preheat oven to 250 °F or set barbeque to medium
2. Using a knife, make 1″ slits on the top and sides of meat every 2″. Pour 1 Tbsp of blend in each slit.
3. Rub remaining blend on outside of pork.
4. Brush on desired amount of sauce.
5. Place meat in a roasting pan and fill with 1″ of water. Cook for 4-6 hrs in oven or 6 hrs on barbeque until internal temperature reaches 160-180 °F
6. Carve with a knife and shred remaining pork off bone using gloved hands.
7. Place meat on buns. Top with barbeque sauce.
Yield 15 servings