Owner Dave Schultz,
Meat and potatoes are sweetened with a dash of pomegranate syrup. Crunchy pumpkin seeds, and colourful root vegetable and sweet potato hash dress up the plate.
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups pomegranate juice
Root Vegetable and Potato Hash
6 slices thick-cut bacon
1 medium red onion, peeled and diced
4 parsnips, peeled and diced
1 large carrot, peeled and diced
2 medium Russet potatoes, peeled and diced
1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
fresh cracked black pepper
2 sprigs fresh rosemary
1. In a small sauce pan over medium heat, dissolve sugar in pomegranate juice.
2. Simmer mixture until reduced by half, around 45 mins.
3. Cool to room temperature and serve.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. On a baking sheet, roast seeds in oven for 3-4 mins. Watch carefully as they can burn quickly.
3. Cool seeds for 30 mins.
4. Place seeds in a resealable plastic bag. Using a rolling pin, crush seeds in bag. Keep some whole.
5. In a sauté pan over high heat, sear all sides of pork until browned.
6. Remove pork from heat and transfer to a plate to cool for a few mins.
7. Brush pork with Dijon mustard. Coat in crushed seeds.
8. Finish roasting in oven until internal temperature reads 160°F, around 20 mins.
9. Remove from oven and let stand for 5 mins. Slice and serve.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Cut bacon into 1/4″ pieces.
3. In a pan over medium-high heat, sauté bacon for 2 mins.
4. Add red onion and sauté for 2 mins. Set aside.
5. In a medium-sized bowl, toss remaining vegetables with olive oil to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Place vegetables in roasting pan. Add bacon, onions and rosemary.
7. Roast for 20-30 mins until vegetables are tender.
8. Remove rosemary and serve.
Yield 2 servings