Chef Jonathan Buffie and Pastry Chef Doug Krahn,
3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup sun-dried tomato, blended to paste
1/2 tsp basil pesto
2 cups extra virgin olive oil
4 cups field lettuce mix
1 English cucumber, cut lengthwise into 4 1/2-inch thick strips
1/8 of a red onion, shaved
4 roma tomatoes, sliced
1 carrot, julienned
Sun-dried tomato, to garnish
1. In a small bowl, combine vinegar, sun-dried tomato paste and pesto. Gradually add oil, whisking until evenly combined.
2. In a large bowl, place lettuce mix. Toss liberally with tomato dressing.
3. Divide salad on four plates.
4. Wrap a cucumber ribbon around lettuce to create a cylinder.
5. Garnish with onion, tomato slices, carrot and sun-dried tomatoes.
Yield 4 servings