Chef David Bergquist
Rack of Lamb
The key to great rack of lamb is to sear the meat before roasting in the oven and let rest before cutting to let the juices re-absorb.
1 (8 rib) rack of lamb
2-3 Tbsp olive oil
2-3 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
pinch of crushed garlic
sprig fresh rosemary, chopped
coarse black pepper
1. Combine all mustard, vinegar, crushed garlic and rosemary. Rub the lamb with olive oil, then with mixture. Marinate overnight.
2. Before cooking, season lamb with salt and pepper.
4. Preheat oven to 400˚F. Heat a frying pan over high heat. Place the meat into hot pan to sear, 1-2 min each side.
5. Wrap exposed bones with aluminum foil to keep them from burning. Bake 10 (medium rare) to 15 (medium) minutes.
6. Once cooked, let rest five minutesbefore carving.
Yield 1 rack of lamb