Chef Karen Nielsen,
La Vieille Gare
A favourite at La Vieille Gare, this sweet made from local raspberries is a light way to finish the seafood meal. The Callebaut chocolate sticks, used as garnish, are available at DeLuca’s.
1 ¼ cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1 cup puréed raspberries
1 cup whipped cream
200g white chocolate, melted
200g cream cheese
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup heavy cream
Callebaut chocolate sticks
1. In a medium bowl, combine eggs, flour, sugar and cinnamon.
2. Pour into a 13″ x 11″ jelly roll pan.
3. Bake at 350˚F for about 15 min until golden brown. Cool completely.
1. Combine purée, cream cheese and chocolate. Gently fold in whipped cream. Set aside.
1. In a small saucepan, scald cream.
2. In a medium bowl, add chocolate chips. Pour cream over top. Cover with plastic wrap. Let sit 5 min. Stir.
1. Remove cake from pan and place on a large sheet of parchment paper.
2. Spread mousse evenly over cake.
3. Gently roll the cake, removing parchment as you go.
4. Chill for at least two hours.
5. Pour ganache over the roll. Let set.
6. Before serving, slice roulade and garnish with berries, mint and Callebaut chocolate sticks.
Yield 12 servings