Fude Inspired Cuisine and Wine Bar
This local classic is best served warm with ice cream.
6 cups flour
2 tsp salt
4 tsp baking powder
1 cup sugar
1 cup butter
2 cups milk
16 cups chopped rhubarb
2 cups sugar
1 lg box strawberry Jello
3 cups flour
3 cups sugar
1 1/3 cups butter
1. Mix 6 cups flour, salt, baking powder, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup butter (diced), eggs, and milk in a stand mixer on low speed until combined. Do not over-mix.
2. On two heavily greased 18”x13” sheet pans, spread mixture across the entire surface area. Mixture will be sticky, so work with floured hands, sprinkling surface of dough with flour.
3. Mix together rhubarb (chopped into bite-size pieces) and 2 cups sugar, and spread over the dough on the sheet pans.
4. Sprinkle contents of the strawberry Jello box over the rhubarb mixture.
5. In the stand mixer (no need to wash the bowl in between), mix together 3 cups sugar, 3 cups flour, and 1 1/3 cups butter on low speed until combined. The mixture should be loose like flour but should clump and ball up if squeezed.
6. Spread this mixture evenly over the two sheet pans and bake at 350ºF for 45-50 mins. The center of the platz will jiggle slightly but will set up as it cools. Cool on wire rack.
7. Cut into squares to serve. Can be stored in the fridge, wrapped in plastic wrap, or frozen.
Yield 1 serving