Chef/owner Scott Bagshaw,
1/2 butternut squash, oven roasted at 375°F for 90 min
juice of 1 lemon
salt and pepper
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
400 g gleaned beef tenderloin
1/2 cup togarashi seasoning
1/2 cup firm ricotta cheese, cubed
1 cup tempura batter (combine 5 egg whites, 1/2 cup rice flour, 1 cup tempura flakes, 1 tsp salt)
2 cups flowering kale
1 cup rice flour
canola oil for frying
2 Tbsp tom yum paste
1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 Tbsp mirin
3 Tbsp olive oil
3 Tbsp lime juice
1 Tbsp smoked pecans
1. Remove flesh from roasted squash and puree with lemon juice, Dijon, and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
2. Rub beef with togarashi seasoning, wrap tightly with cling film. Freeze for 3 hrs, remove and slice very thin. Set aside.
3. Dredge ricotta in rice flour then tempura batter. Deep fry at 375°F for 2 mins. Set aside.
4. Dredge kale in rice flour. Deep fry at 375°F for 1.5 mins. Set aside.
5. Combine tom yum paste, vinegar, mirin, olive oil and lime juice.
6. Plate components in order of appearance. Drizzle with tom yum dressing. Garnish with smoked pecans.
Yield 4 servings