Chef Tristan Foucault,
Creamy, cool yogurt calms the dominant sweet taste of this earthy,
fall salad livened up with a sprinkling of cilantro.
12 large carrots
4 Tbsp olive oil
4 Tbsp maple syrup
1 cup Balkan-style yogurt
3 tsp green onion, thinly sliced
¼ cup cilantro leaves
½ cup maple pecan granola
1. Slice the carrots into 3″ spears.
2. Toss carrots with the olive oil and maple syrup.
3. Roast carrots in a 350ºF oven until soft, around 10 minutes.
4. Equally divide the yogurt in the centre of 6 plates.
5. Season the warm carrots with salt and sherry vinegar to taste.
6. Arrange the carrots on the yogurt.
7. Garnish with green onions, cilantro leaves and granola.
Yield 6 servings