Chef Roger Wilton,
The Pink Floyd frontman downed this super-thick soup
before he rocked out on stage June 27, 2007.
4 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1″ cubes
3 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 medium yellow onion, diced
2 Tbsp minced garlic
6 cups vegetable stock
1 cup shredded Bothwell Smoked Gouda
1/2 cup 35% cream
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. In a bowl, toss sweet potatoes with 2 Tbsp of olive oil, salt and pepper.
3. Place potatoes in an even layer in roasting pan. Put in oven. Flip potatoes every 10 min until they turn deep brown.
4. In a pot over medium heat, add remaining olive oil and onions. When onions are golden, add garlic and cook 2 min.
5. Add sweet potatoes and enough vegetable stock to cover potatoes. Bring liquid to a boil then reduce heat to simmer for 30 min.
6. Transfer liquid and potatoes into blender, and purée until smooth. If purée is too thick add remaining vegetable stock.
7. Place soup over medium-low heat. Return to light simmer.
8. Whisk in smoked Gouda until it is evenly melted throughout soup.
9. Whisk in cream and allow to simmer for 5 min.
10. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Yield 4-6 servings