Chef Danilo Pamintuan,
Piazza de Nardi
These rum-filled balls give the impression of freshly picked peaches straight from the orchard.
1 cup 2% milk
1 cup 36% cream
1/2 cup sugar
10 Tbs corn starch
1 l water
1 kg sugar
1/2 cup rum extract
2 Tbs yeast
2 1/2 cups flour
3 tsp sugar
2 1/2 tsp salt
1 cup cream
3 Tbs butter
1 orange, zest and juice
Peach Food Colouring
1 cup white sugar
1 drop red food colouring
2 drops yellow food colouring
1. Mix all dry ingredients together, and add liquid ingredients. Beat well using a dough hook, until pliable.
2. Divide dough into 40 equal size pieces, and roll each into a ball shape.
3. Proof until dough has doubled in size, and bake at 350°F for 12-15 mins. Allow to cool.
4. Cut off bottom of each ball, until you have a flat surface.
5. From the flat side, hollow out the middle to approximately the size of a peach pit.
1. Bring 1/2 cup milk, cream and sugar to a boil using the double boiler.
2. Dissolve cornstarch in 1/2 cup of milk, and add slowly to the hot milk mixture. Remove from over the bottom of the double boiler to avoid scorching, stirring constantly until mixture has thickened.
3. Add rum extract(or other desired flavouring) and mix until incorporated. Allow to cool.
1. Heat sugar with water, until sugar dissolves.
2. Add rum extract.
1. Take 2 pieces of hollowed dough, and drizzle 1 tsp of rum syrup into each piece.
2. Fill each half with pastry cream, and sandwich together.
3. Mix sugar, red food colouring, and yellow food colouring together until you attain peach colour.
4. Roll sandwiches in the sugar mixture. Decorate as you wish.
Yield approx 20 peaches