Chef Michael Schafer,
Sydney’s At The Forks
Pomegranate juice can be substituted for the essence, but it must be reduced by half before measuring for the recipe.
1 ½ tsp miso paste
2 Tbsp pomegranate essence
1/4 tsp chili flakes
1 ½ Tbsp rice wine vinegar
3 Tbsp canola oil
1 Tbsp sesame oil
4 radishes, peeled and shredded
1 Tbsp chives, chopped
Juice of 1 lemon
Zest of one lemon
2 tsp mirin or sake
4 size U10 fresh scallops (largest size)
1 Tbsp olive oil
1. Mix miso paste, pomegranate essence, chili flakes and vinegar.
2. Combine canola and sesame oils. Whisk into vinaigrette until emulsified. Salt and pepper to taste.
1. Combine lemon zest and juice.
2. Add chives, radishes and mirin. Salt and pepper to taste.
1. In a frying pan over med heat, sear scallops in olive oil for two min on each side.
2. When plating, sprinkle radish slaw over each scallop and drizzle with vinaigrette.
Yield 4 servings